When dressing your newborn baby?

Are you supposed to put a onesie on under clothes and PJ's?? just want to make sure, baby is due this month.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you can, I never did....I know a lot of people that do,...I just never did and my kids are all still alive lol
    Anonymous

• when its colder. i do still and hes 10 months old. their shirts ride up and you don't want their backs hanging out
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 8:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• One layer warmer than you dress yourself. If it's hot you can just leave them in the onesie.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• yep. gotta keep the tummy warm
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Okay repeat after me, there are no rules... there are no rules.
    You can put it on or not, you can put on little singlets or little baby t-shirts. You can put him straight into his PJs , or you can use a onsie as his Pjs. He/she is all your, it is totally up to you. My close friends newborn sleeps in just a diaper , swaddled up in super soft flannel. I always used a Bonds wondersuit (all in one stretch terry onsie ) for their PJ's up til they were around 18months.
    Have fun and try not to worry - your baby - your way!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Lol you dont have too if you dont want too. Some babies get colder then others so a long sleeve onesie or short sleeve onesie is okay but you necessarily need to use a P.jamas for a newborn. you can use like pants and a shirt. they have now these cute carter sets
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 8:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I put long sleeve onesies on under short sleeve onesies or shirts. Kind of like long underwear. Just in the winter, though. I don't put them on under the sleepers or under long sleeve shirts.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• You can, but you don't have to. It's all up to you. I sometimes did and sometimes didn't. There is no "supposed to" when dressing them. Just do what you prefer.
    Anonymous

• I never put a onesie on my baby under other clothes. When he was born he was in a diaper only for about 2 months! I swaddled him at night and for naps but no clothes. Then it started getting cooler and I put sleep n plays on him - just the cotton ones. He still got swaddled for naps and bed time - but he had the SnP underneath the swaddle blanket then. Now (at 9 months) he wears SnPs all day unless we go out then I put an outfit on him. He wears SnPs to sleep and is still swaddled - we use the fleece swaddle blankets.
    There are no rules here - you should use your judgement on how to dress him/her. It was just easier for me not to dress him and still is!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• if its cold then it is a good idea to bundle them - but not a nessesity
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2010