Just out of curiosity...

What is everyone's oppinion on what's going on in the world, with all of the quakes and with the economy going the way it is? Personally I'm getting a little nervous with the prediction that the world is supposed to go in 2012. It seems that something awful is happening nearly every week now. I'm not one to pay too much attention to the economy, but when I do hear something about it, it always seems bad now a days. I want to say that if I didn't have a child that I wouldn't mind the end of the world so much, but now that I have my two year old running around, the thought of the world ending is just terrifying to me. How do you feel about it all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Can't stop it if its true,so why get all bent out of shape? Just live your life day 2 day
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I agree with TMJ.However I do not believe in the whole theory that the end will be 2012.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Carpe' Diem....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I don't take this seriously since earthquakes and all the other natural disasters have been happening for millions of years and people have been predicting the end of the world for thousands of years. I think everyone shoukd go to the library and pick up some history,and geology books instead of thinking this is so unusual. And the Mayan Calendar 2012 thing is bogus.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Considering that there are hundreds of quakes every day, I wouldn't be too concerned. And Lindalu is absolutely correct!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I don't think the end of the world will be in 2012. I mean it could be, but it could be tomorrow. We aren't guaranteed a certain number of days on this earth. I think that most of the things going on this past week or so have been caused by the earthquake in Chile. And earthquakes in Chile are not that uncommon. The big earth quake set off another earthquake in Argentina, which is understandable. Then the aftershocks, and the tsunamis, were all caused by that earthquake too. But the tsunamis weren't nearly as bad as they could have been. The crazy weather we've had going on, IMO, we have caused ourselves. Polluting our environment will do that. And as far as the economy, it could be A LOT worse. I know things look bad now, but look at how they were in the Great Depression era. Many times worse. I think we just need to start taking responsibility for our own actions and start repairing what messes we've made.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:30 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I don't think the world is going to end in 2012, but say I'm wrong and it does, nobody will be around to know. I think there are a lot worse things that could happen besides the end of the world, like a total breakdown of society, widespread famine, another world wide war, epidemics of horrible diseases...
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:16 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• No.

Just, no.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:31 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I don't think it will happen in 2012. I do think Cali will sink soon though at least part it. To many quacks.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:54 AM on Mar. 7, 2010