I have a hard time getting to sleep at night...

Since I can remember I've always been a night child. My mind works better it seems, at least for my hobby, anyway my husband hates the fact that I stay up so late and I know it's not good for my temper with my son. When I don't get enough sleep I get easily aggitated with him, but staying up at night keeps me sane somewhat, it's my time alone and if I try to go to sleep before like one forty in the morning my mind won't stop running. It'll start with random day to day things and just keep going until I end up with some kind of morbid death thoughts and how the world sucks and a bunch of stuff like that. Is there a way to stop this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Health

• Have you tried taking melatonin to help get to sleep earlier?
    Anonymous

• Glass of Wine
    Anonymous

• hi i know what you mean i go to sleep really really late but i learned if i stay away from caffeen, sugars, coffee, an drink more hot tea with honey at night it puts my mind to rest . so try a long hot bath/shower then drink a cup of tea. if that doesn't work then i would go to the doc an get some sleeping pills..he tells me to take a whole pill(3grams)but instead i cut the pill in half an only take enough to make my mind sleepy then once that is most of the time i'll sleep about 3-5 hours
    diana2630

Answer by diana2630 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2010