my 25 month old has a 101 temp?

I took her to my moms today cause we had to take our 4.5 year old to kindergarden info night she was fine all day ate dinner really well achually. Went to my moms was really good over their played with my nephew I got there she started acting funny like really tired and stuff took her home made popcorn, but she wouldn't eat it just stairing off into space so I took her temp it was 101 her bedtime is normally 8, but put her down at 7:20 went up there 5 min. later she was asleep, but woke her up to give her tylenol. I didn't finish taking her temp cause she was like falling asleep why taking it, but it was slowing down so of what I took it was 101, why would she be fine all day then have a temp? I keep going up to check on her she is sleeping. Should I wake her before I go to bed to take her temp again? Give her more tylenol was supose to give her 2 chewables, but gave her one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• it could just be a virus... 101 isn't anything to freak about. just watch her carefully. she isn't going to die in her sleep. she just doesn't feel good. if it gets upwards over 104... call the doctor... otherwise if the fever lasts more than 3 days she needs to be seen. the fever is killing off the bad stuff... higher body temp kills bacteria. just keep the tylenol up if she is uncomfortable.. it wont take her temp down more than 1-2 degrees, so don't overdo it. :)
    mine has had several ear infections, and those took a steady temp upwards... starting 101... 101.5 and so on to about 103... i took him in b/c he was pulling on his ear. if it makes you feel better, take her to the doctor tomorrow for a sick child visit... they will fit you in most likely. if it is just a fever though, just watch it... but look for other symptoms like sore throat, tugging on ear, etc.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• just scares me cause she was trying to fall asleep
    Anonymous

• a hundred and one temp? have you called a doctor? I'd get her to someone!
    Anonymous

• They told me before they don't have to be seen until it gets to 104 in children
    Anonymous

• you'd have to get blood work done at the ER to know if she has a viral or bacterial infection. With a viral infection, there are no antibiotics to help. Just let the fever run it's course.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• oh and no I haven't cause like I said I was told by a dr not until 104 in children and it just happened this evening at 7:20 it is 9:40 now
    Anonymous

• I would watch her over night as long as it is responding to the medicine. Call the dr first thing in the morning and get her in though. Good luck with the night. I have twins that are three that are both sick right now.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 9:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• It's good for them to have a temperature, it helps their immune system a lot. Don't freak out, my son had has worse and he's on 7 months. It's going to happen. Whenever she wakes up again just take the temp again, if it gets too horrible she will wake up and let you know. Cover her in lots of blankets so that she can start sweating it out of her system.
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2010