Do you ever think to yourself...

gosh please be quiet and sit down for a little while. I have a 3yr old and I'm pregnant with my 2nd baby and I don't know if its hormones or what but I swear she is NON STOP from the time she wakes up till the lays her head down on the pillow at night. Sometimes I just want to scream and say PLEASE BE QUIET AND SIT DOWN FOR A BIT AND GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK GOSH!!! I feel bad feeling like this but I just want to pull my hair out!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• yes I have felt like that, and yes I have done that too! LOL I have a 3 year old and a 4 year old.
    Anonymous

• so say it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• yea i do alot. i have a 8, 5, 3, and 1 yr old! I'ma sahm to them! I love it but it can be very stressful.
    OoShannonoO

Answer by OoShannonoO at 9:46 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Honey thats normal... Say it.. Dont hold that stuff in. SAHM of a 3 month old, 4,6 and 7 year old. My 4 year old is like .. wah wah wah wah all day long. I understand your pain lol
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 10:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• lol you need to say it, i mean don't scream it, but you need to say it. "honey i need you to sit down right now, it's quiet time" i'm going to assume even if for some reason you don't that you have her on some sort of schedule, in that schedule you should add in "quiet time" It's not like she has to take a nap or anything, but have her sit or lay on the couch and watch a movie or a show or read some stories. Every mother needs some time, i totally get that, just try that and see how it works. You may have to be persistent for a week or so just so she knows you're serious and not backing down about it, but then it should work out fine.
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Last night my 18 month-old and 33 month-old daughters were on the couch climbing on me, wanting tickles, raspberries, you know, sweet stuff... Right before that we had been at the dining room table for snacks, but it was constant water refills, I-hafta-go-potty, crackers-on-the-floor, I want this cup, not that one... So, sitting on the couch, when my 18 month old gave me a big, wet kiss on the mouth and then my almost-3 year old accidentally snapped my bra strap, I snapped myself: "Alright, everyone OFF! I need my body back. No one touch me or ask me for ANYTHING... PLEASE!!!" They just looked at me like I was crazy. My big girl said, after a moment of silence, "Mommy, why did you SAY that?" It sounds funny today. At the time I was ready to cry.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:56 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I think it's healthy for our babies to see us go through a range of emotions and for us to demonstrate how we deal with them. If she sees that you need quiet time, she'll know it's ok for HER to need quiet time. Very healthy, in my opinion. Do I always succeed with this philosophy? Heck no! I fail just like everybody else does, but my boy is so precious. Just the other day, I apologized for yelling at him and told him I was feeling bad. He put his lovey in my arms and said "Here you go, Mommy. Big Bear will make you feel better" and then gave me a kiss on the cheek. My heart completely melted and all was right with the world once again.
    You are not alone, you are normal! ;-)
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2010