The movie Coraline lol My 2 year old loves it??

She watches this movie over and over and over and I feel like she is not wanting to do anything else...If I turn it off she flips out and cries and says play movie mommy!!!!and wont stop crying.How can I stop her from watching this all the time in a peaceful way lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my 2 yrd old LOVES this movie. All I can tell you is try and introduce her to different movies. My DD's favorites are Cars, Up, Monster vs. Aliens, and obviously coraline. Try and switch them out. I had to stop letting her watch the movies for a while because that is all she wanted to do. So some days i dont even turn on the TV for her to watch.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 10:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• All my kids (2 to 7) love this movie... I've never tried to get them to not, so I'm no help.

It's really, really normal for a 2yo to fixate on one movie or one book, and just want it repeated all the time. It's a phase, it helps them feel comfortable with the world. It passes, IME, so I usually just read the stupid book over and over, and let them watch the movie as much as they like... and eventually they simply don't need that kind of insane repetition anymore. :-)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 8:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2010