? about my son's teeth

My son is 6. We went to the dentist today and he has to go see an orthodontist because of how over crowded his teeth are. Anyone else been through this with a young child?
What do they do?
I posted this ? earlyer and only got 2 responces, hoping for a little bit more - I am nervous. Also will they do something at this age or wait until he is older?

Thanks

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son is kind of having this problem. I was told he would probably have to have braces as he got older but that his dentist won't even refer him yet until he has lost more teeth and is older. His is not really severe though, so I guess it depends on how bad it is at his age and how many teeth he has lost.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• my sis' teeth were like that, and they made her wait until she was in junior high before they would do nething. they wanted to wait to see what happened after she lost all her baby teeth. all i can say i take him to the othrodontist and listen to what he says
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 10:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• It sounds like he will probably have braces twice.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:46 AM on Mar. 5, 2010