My daughter will not stay dressed!

My daughter is almost three, and she is constantly changing her clothes. I put something on her (even if she picked it out!) and in five minutes, she is either stripped down to her diaper, or wearinng something else. It gets verycold here in the winter, and i dont want her to catch a cold, and I dont want to discourage her from being independent and learning how to dress, but im FED UP WITH ALL THE LAUNDRY! I dont know whts clean or dirty on her floor anymore, so it all gets tossed in the laundry. I have tried onezies, feetie p.j.s, even duct tape! Am I just blowing this out of proportion? What should I do? please help!

bearnanasmom

Asked by bearnanasmom at 11:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my DD is the same way. I took the dresser out of her room so she'd stop getting everything out. I put it in our hall closet LOL

Anonymous

• My daughter used to take her clothes off all the time when she was 2-3. Only she didn't just change them....we would be playing outside and she would come out from behind a tree buck naked! She would do the same thing in the house. I just had to help her redress. It must be a stage they go through. Good thing we live in the country or our neighbors would have been wondering! LOL!
    Ponydriver

Answer by Ponydriver at 11:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Well she won't catch a cold from not wearing clothes. That's an old wives tale. I think all little girls go through that phase. As for the laundry, just start paying more attention to the clothing and refolding the outfits and put them back in the drawer if she only wore them for a little while. Don't stress yourself out.
    Anonymous

• Dd just started doin this too.... I let her pick out the outfit and not but an hr later she wants to change! I think it's just a stage and when dd takes off her clothes I put them back if they aren't wet. It helps with the stress and one day (hopefully) they'll quit! Except
    dh is always changing his clothes as often as dd does so we'll see....
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Put her clothes on backwards, or just let her be naked at home

Answer by rkoloms at 8:42 AM on Mar. 5, 2010