What would it take...

... to get you to register a gift card online when given to you from someone you know?

Value?

Savings?

Emailed deals?

Describe the perfect value card...

(This was a question asked in a recent focus group)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Shopping

• store only gift cards, I don't bother. I just go spend them quickly so I don't see the point.

I do register the prepaid credit card type ones though just in case I want to order online and the site needs to verify the info as if it were a real card, but even that is getting to be pointless since more and more places aren't excepting them due to fraud issues. Paypal doesn't let you use them anymore.
    Anonymous

• In the focus group, they talked of a value card you register online & would be accepted in local shops, restaurants, hair salons, grocery stores, etc saving you money every time you shopped. Just show the card. And it cost the consumer nothing! All you do is register online and pick your favorite places to save. You get ONE email a week listing unique deals only on places or categories you are interested in and only for those who registered online. Plus you get real promotional items that don't require purchasing anything or sign-up on multiple sites! AND the neat thing was you could use it in grocery stores to get an across the board discount during certain hours of the week. The card was likened to a constant coupon in the wallet. Finding the local deals from the comfort of your home rather than going store to store is like online treasure hunting... find the deal... show up... show the card... and save! I said I wanted one!
    Anonymous