What should I ask the pediatrician tomorrow?

My daughter turned 1 last saturday and this is her one year check up. she is getting her vaccines,which is one thing im asking about cause one of my mommy friends just found out one of her kids has autism! but anyway, im having a brain fart. i want to be prepared tomorrow and i always forget to ask things if i dont have it lined out for me. so what are some not so obvious things i should ask?

oldsoulmom

Asked by oldsoulmom at 11:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 1 - it has been PROVEN that there is ABSOLUTLY NO link between autism and vax........
    That aside ask about develpomental milestones and how baby is doing, and about what new eating habbits should be now that she is 1.
    They will talk to you about a lot of general stuff - so if there is nothing else spesific goin on with your child then dont try to wrack your brain for questions
    Anonymous

• If you baby is doing well and nothing going on that you need to ask about why try to come up with questions?
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• they don't have a class? here you have to take a class and have papers they hand out so you can take home with info about where they should be, what vacs their getting, symptoms, ect. if there are any concerns with your baby's physical, emotional or mental growth, bring it up. just think of things you think your baby should be doing, and ask. it may calm your nerves or if there is something you can get some help early. my dd wouldn't even pull herself up until 17 months, at her 12 month appt we got a physical therapist. now she's walking everywhere.

I don't think vacs cause autism. both my kids are up to date and they're fine. i was worried with the MMR with my oldest at first but i went ahead and had him get it, and he's really smart. although dd is delayed a bit on her physical level, the girl is the smartest 1yr old i know. everyone compliments on how smart she is.
    Anonymous

• ok uhm about the autism thing...i dont agree or disagree with whether vaccinations cause autism. i dont know much about it cause its never been a part of my life. but now with my dear friends daughter getting diagnosed with it, it makes me want to ask about it. learn the facts. and then i will decide how i feel about it. just makin that clear :D
    oldsoulmom

Answer by oldsoulmom at 11:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• When my son had his 1 year check up I didn't ask what doses he should be getting of any meds I may have to give. He hadn't been sick in a while so it had been while since he had any and I wasn't sure if that had changed. I remember being annoyed with myself for not asking at the appointment.

Find out how much she should get of:
    Tylenol
    Benedryl
    Motrin

and any other meds she may take if an issue were to come up so that you know before she gets sick.

Good luck! And congrats on baby's first year!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:46 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• my dd's doc did a full evaluation at her 18 mos appointment...i had to fill out paperwork on her milestones and everything. i always asked about her milk intake sine she wasn't drinking but two sippy cups a day. umm, i would ask about food, what she can't have to be more specific. if any sleep habits have become out of whack, what could have caused it. that's all i can think of, or it's all the questions i had at dd's last doc appointment. good luck!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:47 AM on Mar. 5, 2010