How can I get my milk supply back up?

My son is almost 10 months n still Breastfeeds. I work so I have to pump for bottles but I am starting to get very little from pumping. Any suggestions on how to get my supply back up? Or can I mix my milk with cows milk to make a full bottle?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you shouldn't mix with cow's milk until they are 12 months at least. Breastfeeding is all about supply and demand, the more you pump the more you will get, do it more frequently and your supply will go back up, don't worry though he's about to be off the bottle anyhow and his main diet will be food instead of milk in 2 months...your body probably knows it's getting to that point
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• No cow's milk. Remember that baby needs one to one and a half ounces per hour of separation; a full bottle doesn't have to be that big.

Keep up your water. 64 ounces daily without fail. Pump one side while nursing the other every morning. Back off solids while you're home and let the caregiver give most of them. When you DO give solids, NEVER give them without nursing first.

You could do no solids at all when you're home and only give them when you're at work. That will reduce the need for pumped milk.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• This is what worked for me:

Nurse frequently when you are home
    Drink lots of water, at least 6 oz every time you nurse and every time you pump
    Have lots of skin-to-skin contact with your baby
    Take brewers yeast tabs
    Look at pictures of your baby while you pump
    Wait at least an hour after nursing to pump

Answer by rkoloms at 8:40 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• No cows milk.

You could have the caregiver feed solids while you are at work. When you are at home and all night only nurse. This is what we did with my grandson. My DIL didn't have time to pump and no way were we going to give him formula. It's called reverse cycle feeding.

Since you can pump some then your baby can get whatever you can get while you are away maybe about the middle of the time you are gone. Even if it's only 2 oz it's some. You could pump one breast and nurse the other first thing in the morning. That's when you have the most milk. The baby could have that while you are gone.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:51 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Send what you pump and have them fill in the rest with solids. Let him nurse as much as he likes in the evenings etc when you are together and he will "make up" for any that he missed during the day.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• more milk plus is awsome to for boosting supply
    MummyOf2ooo

Answer by MummyOf2ooo at 6:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2010