anyone taking their kids to see the new alice & wonderland movie 2morro nite?

my daughter wants to see it & she's six, i want to see it too but i dont know if its appropriate for a 6yr old. what do you girls think?

beachmom0703

Asked by beachmom0703 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Entertainment

• I want to see it sooooooooo bad, DH and I decided that we would go see it first and then if it's okay then we would take our boys (7 and 5)....otherwise, it's made by Disney....
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Its made by Disney but directed by Tim Burton. And Tim Burton's films are known to be VERY dark. So...I would say see it before and assess if its approperiate for her
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• honey, it's Tim Burton. He is a dark and disturbed man. His Willy Wonka creeped me out! LOL NOPE I would not take my kid to see it!

Coraline is disney too, but after watching it, it is not exactly my idea of Disney kid friendly.
    Anonymous

• Personally, I don't like those weird/creepy films, so I won't be seeing it.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:33 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I have been going bananas about this movie since the first preview. However dh and I r going to see it without the kiddies to b sure this is something we're okay with them watching.

Grandparents took them to see district 9... they were in the room kicking each other in the "acorns" screaming "DIE ALIEN SCUM"......

Previewing movies is a MUST now lol
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 4:36 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• No I wouldn't see it with her til you saw it first. Just from the previews it looks very twisted. I myself am not going to even see it. Dh doesn't even want to and he sees all new movies.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:04 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I am super excited to see it. If my son was old enough I'd take him, but being as he's only 4 months I won't be able to. In fact I probably won't be watching it until it's out on DVD. If he was 6 though, I'd take him and we'd go together. Idk what these ladies are talking about but I've never seen a Disney/Tim Burton film that I thought was inappropriate for a child, and I've seen them all.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 9:14 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I think that it would be fine to take a 6 year old, we often forget that kids don't pick up the dark humor or adult situations in the movies we watch with them, they look at it innocently and don't see the things that we do. They may not understand it well, and considering that the man who wrote Alice in Wonderland was on LSD at the time it is a hard story to understand if you aren't high.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• SAW IT! we went tonite 2gether & it was AMAZING!!!!!!! i highly reccommend it & ive never seen any other tim burtons movies, so this was my 1st. it wasnt dark or twisted or scary. the colors are beautiful & the chararcters are very imaginative, ive actually seen way worse "kids" cartoons on cartoon network. go see it girls, im sure the kids will enjoy it! the "scariest" part is when alice fights a dragon-like creature but in ALL disney movies theres this type of scene. ENJOY! ITS AWESOME! its not any more "twisted" than the cartoon version. let me know what u think of it girls!
    beachmom0703

Answer by beachmom0703 at 12:11 AM on Mar. 6, 2010