Water

I am so thirsty all the time! I don't know why! I drink lots of water but then i'm so thirsty again like twenty minutes later. I"m not eating overly salty things, i'm not an overly active person only with my son who is 7 months old....what is it?

LogansMama09

Asked by LogansMama09 at 11:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• try drinking water at room temp. It is absorbed into your body faster. Other than that- idk. Maybe low on iron?? (it seems like this is the cause for everything that can screw up a woman's normal bodily function and comfort...)
    Anonymous

• your thirsty. Drink keep drinking. Then call your doc and tell them. If they think you need some further testing--diabetes, thyroid, ect. do it. If not stop worring.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Im not sure the answer, but I have this same problem. Maybe its because your house is dry? Im sorry im not much help but I would love to see what others say.
    beesm17

Answer by beesm17 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Get checked for diabetes
    Anonymous

• It's not bad for a person to drink 3 liters of water a day, but if you're thirsty beyond that, get checked. As the PP said, excessive thirst can be a sign of diabetes.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:31 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• If you are drinking more than 64 ounces a day, and still feel thirsty, you may have a medical issue.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:36 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I had this happen when I was pregnant with my last child- It was gestational diabetes. Excessive thirst is usually the first symptom of a blood sugar problem.

Tell you this though, I drink an average of a gallon of water every day- which I have done for years, I can not function when I am dehydrated. Anything beyond a gallon (if you are not drinking other beverages as well), should be a sign of a problem. Some people have the capacity to use more fluids than others, we are all different.

What should concern you is if this is a NEW symptom (last few weeks?), if it is, just go get your sugar checked. Little pin prick, and done. I would not freak out though, like I said, I drink a lot of water too- and despite having had GD with my last child, I am hypoglycemic, no other health issues that would cause it though- I just like my water! & PP was right, drink it at room temp, your body will absorb it more effectively.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:30 AM on Mar. 5, 2010