I feel like I'm totally losing it!!

My DD is almost 20 mts and the last couple of days she has been a real handful!!! Her crying and her tantrums are soooooooo bothersome for me to the point of I feel like I just want to go outside and scream. Sometimes I think maybe I am not cut out to be a mom.... it makes me sad cause she is my world and I can't handle her sometimes...just needed to vent---just stressed---full time worker and full time mom no down time.....Just sooooo tired!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I feel it...Only i have my son all day instead of working...so perhaps less work stress and more baby-screaming-all-day-long stress...you just have to find the off button when they go on and on...it's the only way to keep your sanity turn it into white noise...really practice at this, and give yourself a little break, 2-3 minutes and you'll feel refreshed enough to deal with it then
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• SHOWER!! HOT,HOT SHOWER!! I feel better after a little alone time in the shower after a stressful day.
    Anonymous

• Take a deep breath, momma. We've all been there. Try as hard as you can to remain calm. You can't change HER behavior, but you can change YOUR behavior. If she wants to throw a tantrum, let her. It's ok for her to feel angry or upset. Just walk away from her. When she calms down, give her a hug and talk to her about her feelings. Sometimes kiddies this age get overwhelmed with their ever-changing feelings, and need their mommies to hold them and give them big kisses. She's not being "bad"...she's acting like a normal toddler!

Take her on a loooong walk. Sometimes getting out of the house helps the both of you feel better.
    Anonymous

• Oh man. I think at some point we've all crumpled into a pile of tears on the floor over our kids driving us absolutely insane. I once got into the shower and SCREAMED. Afterwards, I was afraid my neighbors would call 911 because they'd think I was being murdered! Just hang in there....it's so normal. You're a good mom, otherwise you wouldn't have posted this question. Get a break, when dd freaks, put her in a safe place (her room) and put you in a safe place (yours) and sit and breathe. This too shall pass : )
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:40 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Sweetie I feel your pain! My twins just turned 19 months and thankfully so far they haven't decided to both pitch a fit at the same time but it does becoming frustrating. Just try to keep in mind it's just a phase, it won't last forever I promise lol. Scream if you need to...my kids think it's I'm nuts when I carry on along with them. It's a great way to startle them into forgetting to continue their tantrum.
    Or a pillow works too!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:52 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• You need a friend to trade child care with.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:33 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Try to be calm ...your daughter is probably catching your stress....feeling your stress makes her cranky and she needs a quiet peaceful environment. WHen she has a tantrum, gather up some toys and put them with her in her room and tell her to have fun...then leave.Do that while smiling a lot. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Mar. 5, 2010