labour question

Ok, I am 38 weeks tomorrow, 2 cm dilated, 90% effaced and have been having "cramping" for a few days now. If I walk alot will it help me dilate more and maybe start labor??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It usually does help move labor along:) goodluck and congrats.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:05 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• It may. Doesn't hurt to try. :) I went into labor after browsing and walking at the mall. But take it easy so you are rested for labor and delivery.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:05 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• walking can help at this point, especially if baby is in position.

Gravity works.

good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• OP here, Dr said babys head is right there and she doubts I will make it to my DD witch is the 20th of this month. I know Dr.s can be wrong but hey if walking works I think I'll try it this weekend =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Walking and SEX lol. If you're up for it, have good sex (where you have an orgasm too) and then go for a long walk :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:21 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• i was told that walking makes contractions stronger but not more consistent. more consistent is what they look for when determining if you are in active labor. I was induced though so I never had the chance to try it out, but if you have the chance to rest up I would take it! labor is tiring. but if you do decide to go walking, just don't go alone and don't over do it.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• you can try, or you might want to rest. that would be me, sitting around as much as i could =) good luck! & hang in there if you do end up going past your due date :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 5, 2010