Associates or Bachelors?

I'm currently in the process of going to school for my associates in medical assisting. If I continue on to get my bachelors will this mean i make more money? Or is there really no point in going farther and spending more money.

mandar

Asked by mandar at 2:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in

• honestly i wouldnt even go for medical assisting. you cannot do anything with out the permission of a nurse,,who gets it from a doctor. a nurse i more certified than you will be. your bascially the bottem of the totom pole. i got my associates in MA and there was only one hospital that hired me, and i ended up quitting after 2 mths because i wasnt allowed to do anything. they teach you alot yes, how to draw blood, read charts, blood pressure, EKG machines, BUT you really cannot do anything with out tons of permission from anyone first. have you thought about going right to nursing instead? thats what i ended up doing now i work at the NICU at the hospital on base....just my input.. good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• You need to explore job openings and see what requirements employers require. Have a couple of infomational interviews with working Medical Assistants (invite them out for coffee), and find out what path they have taken.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:23 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• well not for medical assiting unless you like become a manager at the office. MA pay realy sucks and even at most its not that great. I also did my MA and never could find a job because I had no experience! So now I am back to school for my Associates as a xray tech.
    Anonymous

• Yes, you will make more money with a Bachelor's than with an Associates degree. The moer education you have the better pay you will receive.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Wow, sounds like if you are pretty far along in the Assoicates you should finish that, but maybe get your BSN after that if you want to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Mar. 11, 2010