At what point do you give up on friendship?

I have had this friend for 25 years. She nevers talks to me or messages me on facebook. She will have her status updates with something that really says things aren't quite right around in here world, I will ask her(comment on her status/message her and no reply's.
I have gone to her for help via Email and nothing...never a response. It's like I'm getting the cold shoulder.
I care and would like to help if she would just let me in. Her daughter says all her parents do is fight and she just stays away and out of it.
I am getting tired of it enough to tell her.. I'm done, I need to have someone who is there for me and that I can be there for them in return, that I am lonely and really need her friendship, but it's a 2 way street. Step up or I need to move on. I guess I'm just ready to have just true friends in my life or non at all. What do you do when your BFF just isn't there for the relationship anymore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• She may not be able to do this in e-mail. Pick up the phone and call her. If she still ignores you, then time to move on. This sort of thing does happen all the time. It's truly rare to have a friend for even one decade, let alone two, because of the way our lives change.

**shrug** I've never in my life had anyone to shop with or do "womanly" things...but that's not something I enjoy doping with others anyway.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:30 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Well first of all my BFF is my hubby cause thur thr years he was the only one that was there for me thur everything and my other friends were to busy or just blew me off so ya when I need a shoulder to lean on or cry on or just someone to vent to about ANYTHING my loving, caring hubby is the one that has been there for me so he is who I go to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• this is op......Yeah it is looking like my husband is the only friend, but I need a girlfriend! my husband doesn't like to shop or do anything womanly...but yeah he is the guy I tell everything to and ask his advice from
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• my now somewhat friend is like that i kept asking her to call me sometime but she never answers. i email her an she never answers. i comment on her facebook stuff an she won't comment back to me so i left her a last mess saying if she wants to ever get together we can left her my phone number, email address, then deleted her off of my f.b
    diana2630

Answer by diana2630 at 2:49 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• a friend loves at all times. maybe she is going through something or listening to the wrong advice. pray for her and cont. on !
    mommymadness30

Answer by mommymadness30 at 3:14 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• When you reply on their status, it leaves everything out for the world to see... I'd call and say "if you want to talk about it, I'm here". You can't make someone like or love you, and you can't make someone talk to you, so that's about all you can do. Is it possible that you're the type to say I told you so, or try to tell her how to fix the problem by being pushy etc? Sometimes people really just don't want to talk about their problems in depth, they might want everyone to have an idea they're going thru a hard time/rough day but don't want to actually talk to anyone about it and that's their way of saying "I need some space right now, so if I don't answer it's cause I don't feel like talking right now".
    If her and hubby are fighting all the time, then she's stressed, and maybe she doesn't take her problems outside the home?
    Leave msg on phone, email and just say I'm here if you need me, I care and let it go.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:57 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• First, does she live close? I would much rather talk face to face than put things into cyberspace. Maybe she needs to get away. Had a friend who lives 2 states away. I took a long weekend, drove to see her. We walked all over her town and all she did was talk and talk and talk. Said she felt much better. Might help.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 8:41 AM on Mar. 5, 2010