what should i do. need help.

my son doesnt want to go to school.we get into a fight every morring because he just dosnt want to go. i have to walk him in to his teacher and then try and leave with out him seeing me. i talked to his teacher and she said that she doesnt know why he is doing this. once he is in class he has a grat time and even wants to stay at the school he dont want to come home. I need help im tired of fighting with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• maybe he is being bullied stick close one day and see, i was just like him.
    mommymadness30

Answer by mommymadness30 at 3:08 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• maybe he has no friends and is bored there.
    mommymadness30

• get him involved in a youth group at church? on the side maybe
    mommymadness30

Answer by mommymadness30 at 3:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• You need to just tell your son that he's a big boy, big boys go to school, that you will take him to school and that you promise that you'll be there when he's done.
    I think that when parents sneak out on their kids, it makes the kids worry and think their parents are going to disappear or not return for them. Give him a hug and a kiss and walk away even if he's crying while watching you go. Sneaking away is rather mean if you think about it, you know he comes to the realization that your gone and didn't even say goodbye. How would you feel if your loved ones did that to you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Well I know many people whp have this problem with Preschoolers. Since he is older you could try giving him something like your watch or necklase something that you can say is your and you will get it back whne you pick him up.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:22 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Have you spoken with him, and asked him to explain to you why he doesn't want to go to school?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:27 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Not saying your child is being bullied, but I've read that getting a child involved in something they can take pride in to help build their confidence helps with them tackling bigger issues at school. How is he in sports? What does he enjoy? Maybe emphasize that and build his confidence? Good Luck!
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 6:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2010