Is this all I have to do to get to heaven?

1. Jn. 3:15 Must believe on Jesus.
2. 1 Jn. 5:13 Must believe on the name of Jesus (son of God).
3. Jn. 17:3 Must believe Jesus is true God.
4. 1 Jn. 5:20 Must believe Jesus is true God and eternal life.
5. Jn 5:39 Must accept that the scriptures testify of Jesus
6-7. Titus 1:2 and 3:7 Must Hope for eternal life
8. Ro. 2:7 Must continue patiently doing well while looking for eternal life.
9. Mt. 25:46 Must be righteous
10. 1 Tim. 6:12 Must use continuing faith to profess Jesus Before witnesses.
11. Jn. 4:36 Must gather fruit (souls)
12. Jn. 6:54 Must continue to have communion.
13. Jn 12:25 Must hate his life (the world)
14. 1 Tim. 6:19 Must build up a foundation in heaven.
15. Jude 1:21 Must remain in the love of God.
16. Ro. 5:21 Must continue in the grace of Jesus.

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 2:59 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• luv you are in the wrong church watch intouch.org for a sermon. God Bless-His yolk is light not heavy
    mommymadness30

Answer by mommymadness30 at 3:05 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• You need to believe that Jesus, who is God, came to this world to die for your sins. First, admit your sin to him, repent of that sin. Believe that he was crucified, died, was buried and ressurected, and now lives in Heaven. Communion is not part of Salvation, Salvation is knowing Jesus Christ as your saviour. By our works our faith is known, but they don't get you into heaven. We are to witness and bring forth good fruit, but not part of salvation. Those things are our obedience to God. SALVATION, is the ONLY way to heaven. the Romans Road: Romans 3:10; 3:23; 5:12; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10
    Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
    meema46

Answer by meema46 at 4:30 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• God Bless-His yolk is light not heavy
    ------------
    ahem.....yoke.
    not yolk.
    changes the whole meaning, ya know?
    ■Matthew 11:28-30: “Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:48 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• What about the 10 Commandments?
    nickmike10

Answer by nickmike10 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• OP, i think there has to be more, there are bad people that believe those things. We believe different, not saying its wrong, just different than mine. I dont believe that we all go to heaven, i believe that the rest of us will be on a earth and living the way life originally began. I also dont believe that God and Jesus are the same. Like in the scrp that you gave in John 17:3 If you go back a couple of lines from 1-3 it says,

John 17:1-3

1 After saying all these things, Jesus looked up to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son so he can give glory back to you. 2 For you have given him authority over everyone. He gives eternal life to each one you have given him. 3 And this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth.

I think if we live life according to the bible and follow Jesus footsteps closely we'll be fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Well, what most of what those bullet-points come down to is, believing in Jesus and calling him your savior...which, as far as I have read is the only requirement for salvation.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• accept christ as the lord and savior of your life... baptism is a biggie... basically try to live as christ lived. try not to sin... let your light shine... but if you desire to live in christ, everything should flow from there.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• No. It's easier than that and, imo, some of what you list is inaccurate too.
    Greymulkin

Answer by Greymulkin at 3:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• It's even simpler than that... All you have to do to get to Heaven is just BE.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 4:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Everyone has a different answer, don't they? I would think that god--who supposedly loves everyone and wants them to be saved from the horrors of the hell that his demented mind created--would be more clear about what you need to do to get there. Strange, isn't it, that he is NOT at all clear and that anyone can make up any answer they want. Mine is, "You're going there whether you want to or not and, for certain, it isn't going to be what you think it is."
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2010