2012...

Saw the movie I am sure that is a HUGE stretch of anything that could happen, but watching it made me think what is up with all the earth quakes? I mean even here in OK we have had a few that you actually feel LOL, I thought I was going nuts!
What is the deal? Are there always this many? No I never really have paid much attention to the news or anything but lately I have.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes.  Eathquakes happen ALL the time--many of them cannot be felt, but the Continental plates are always shifting and rubbing up against one another along fault lines which creates earthquakes.

USA Recent Earthquake Map

Also since an earthquake is the result of the release of pressure, it CAN often result in more earthquakes in the same or nearby regions--kind of chain reaction or domino effect.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:10 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Gotcha, cool thanks. LOL didn't want to sound crazy! So thanks again!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Forgot to add this is from the US Geological Survey in REAL TIME--as in just the last 7 DAYS!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:13 AM on Mar. 5, 2010