This is the last time trouble with 9 year old

I posted before and things have gotten worse with the 9 year old step son. I think the best solution for me is to send him away. I have tried about everything but nothing gets through to him. He believes that no adult is allowed to tell him what to do. I think it would be best for everyone. His dad is currently deployed and right now I am doing everything on my own. We have tried the psychologist, talking with the schools when he acts up, even discplining him and he just seems to get worse. I know your suppose to hang in there, but how much more can a person take doing this by themself. I'm making things short cuz I dont have much room, but last night was the last straw. I told my husband before he left I wasnt sure about keeping his son cuz he's been acting out. My husband just kept saying u can do it cuz he didnt want to send his son with his sister for fear of what the family would think. We have had his son since 08'. HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• What was his situtation before coming to live with his father and you? Mabye he wants/needs attention. The good kind. Dont give in to the bad kind.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:33 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• He was living in mexico wit mom and grandparents. He was allowed to walk all over them no discpline in the home. He started acting out at our house but husband did not see everytime I told him his son was bad till the teacher at the school mention she saw changes in him. Then I scheduled a meeting to a psychologist but there has been no luck. I discpline yes I don't think a 9 year old should be running me over like everyone else. He has been grounded since feb 25th I ended up taking everything away from him in the end cuz his behavior and attitud. The more I talk to him the worse he seems to get. He doesnt see a problem with the way he has been acting out. What more can a person do to help?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I have the same kind of problem only with a girl instead of a boy. She acts out doing bad things if a child throws something, she throws it back, kinda thing. She's good for a couple months then she acts out again. We have tried counseling for years, working with the schools, nothing seems to help. I have no answers but want to commiserate with you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I have a 9 yr old son too...and its rough here.My son can be rude,talks back to me,tries to tell me "no" all the time, gets detentions(since kindergarten actually),climbs stalls at school,just acts like a clown in general.So, I can understand where you are coming from when you say you want to send him away.This is what I think...he no longer lives with mom and granparents..so he's lost those people in his life.Now his dad is deployed and he doesnt get to see him either.So..he has you.He may be in fear of losing you as well so he is trying not to get close to you so it won't hurt that much.Kids are complex little beings.Maybe a break instead of sending him away would be better?Like a week at aunts house,then come back to your house for a couple weeks then he visits with them again for another week or something like that. My son visited his dad for 5 weeks during the summer in another state and when he comes back,we do CONT...
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:56 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• ONT...better for awhile.because we actually missed eachother,lol. 9 is a difficult age to deal with and a difficult age to be ..especially when going through some family issues. I know its hard, but try not to give up on him. He needs you. Be his rock and one day...you'll benefit from it,trust me. Good Luck to you, your little boy and your family.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:58 AM on Mar. 5, 2010