I am in so much trouble.

I am 19 almost 20 and pregnant. the boy who made me this way said he was 18 but now I know he is really 15 and his parents are threatening we with statutory rape! This is not my fault, he lied and his sisters went along with it. I never even met her and I had been to the house a million times. What the H3LL do I do? Can she really charge me if he lied? what will happen to my baby? Good lord I didn't know I needed to check his id.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes they can charge you, and there is a good chance that you will be found guilty if you do. you may not recieve jail time under the circumstances, but you may get probation and depending on the state have to register as a sex offender.

i know it may seem ridiculous, but i would check id. people lie all the time. i would talk to a lawyer.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 6:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• umm, wow! Maybe you should contact a lawyer.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 8:21 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• The law is the law - you are an adult and he is a minor. (There are a lot of men on the "sexual predator" list in this exact situation.) You need to get an attorney if the parents file charges (which is within their legal rights to do, sorry to say). Make sure you have everything documented; why you thought he was of legal age, who collaborated his story, etc. You were obviously lied to, hopefully the authorities won't decide to pursue the case. (Since this is a criminal case, you could get a public defender if you can't afford an attorney - but you can't do this until charges are actually filed.)

They may be threatening you with charges because they can't afford to pay for CS? This is a crappy situation, I'm sorry for you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:30 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I'd hire a lawyer. I do want to say though, "the boy who made me this way"...you were an equal partner and participant in this, so please don't try to lay all the blame on him. Yes, he apparently lied to you about his age, but he didn't get you pregnant all by himself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Tell your parents

Answer by rkoloms at 5:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2010