When did your child lose their 1st tooth?

How old was your child when they lost their first tooth? My DD is 6 yrs and hasn't lost one yet.

mom22littlegirl

Asked by mom22littlegirl at 8:15 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• my step son turned 5 in august and he just lost one in January
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Oh and he has another wiggler ready to come out , if it hasnt already. Hes been at his moms for 2 weeks
    Anonymous

• My dd lost her first tooth when she was 6.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 8:21 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• My dd turned 5 and lost her first tooth the next week.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 8:35 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• My son will be 5 in June and said yesterday his upper tooth on the side is bothering him. Is he too young for loose teeth? I thought he was, but now wondering I'm wrong.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• My son lost his first tooth a month before he turned 6, and his second shortly after.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• My dd will be 7 in sept and hasn't lost one yet either. the dentist said it was normal and she'll probably lose some soon.
    angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 9:18 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I would like to know too. My son is 7 and he does not even have a loose one. I guess he just has strong teeth. I always did.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 9:27 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I don't know if there is any truth to this-but my dentist said that losing teeth is part of lifelong development and those that lose teeth later also go through puberty later (maybe a good thing for a little girl right?) It seemed to hold true for my boys. My older one lost teeth early and his voice changed and all that good stuff earlier than many friends. My younger one lost teeth later- he is only 10 so we will see when he hits puberty.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:38 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Oh and at school we have a tooth chart in Kindergarten- about half of the kids have lost one the other half-not yet. It seems like second grade is when we have a lost tooth almost daily in class. Very unscientific I know-but that may give you some idea based on 10 years working with kids.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:39 AM on Mar. 5, 2010