What do you have on your family table?

My table is pretty big and nice it is 54X54 it is not too big or too small the table is tall and the chairs are tall as well the only thing is it has a beautful wood finish with white trimming and for the longest I have been covering this beauty the latest is a cheap floral tablecloth I have our laptop on it too and remove it when we eat on it (ugh!) But now I am ready to just let the beautiful wood show. My dh suggested maybe get really nice place mats and maybe buy an extra for the laptop so it won't scratch the table.
Any suggestion?

Thanks ladies and have a great weekend :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Sometimes you can order like a glass top covering the wood ..Then you don't have to worry about nicks or heat damage on the wood..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 9:11 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I have a real wood table, we put on a thick coat of polyurethane to keep it from being damaged. My dd already poked holes in the polyurethane finish, but it didn't touch the actual wood table. It just needs to be sanded and refinished.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:15 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Some people use a combination of a table runner & matching placemats so that the bulk of the table is covered, but the lovely wood still shows.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• My table is Ok. Its pretty worn and I think about refinnishing it but I wont. I think patina adds character and the patina is from my kids so I see it as special. I have a cake stand in the middle and I stack white napkins on it with a pretty fabric bean bag that I sewed to hold down the napkins. My chairs are all white and antique style but they are mismatched. I like that too.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2010