Has anyone out there been pregnant and had their baby even though you had your tubes tied??

Just a random question....

CandyMaMa

Asked by CandyMaMa at 8:57 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• idk.. my friend said her mom got pregnant with her 6th kid on a tube tied.. but I never asked the mom. 6 kids.. 3 dads [don't be mad.. they all passed away due to war and a truck running over them ;[ i feel so bad for her.. she just has bad luck having a guy who lives ;[]
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 9:27 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Oh I SO hope not. I'm having my 5th and planning on getting my tubes tied after this one - I am so over having kids! (Not that I don't want the one I'm carrying or any of my other 4, but I have such miserable pregnancies I really don't think I could go through this again!)

Answer by missanc at 10:26 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I had mine done this last October and nothing so far; but I worry about that too at times. The doctor does tell us before the procedure and while we're deciding to have it done, the ratio of possiblities of it happening ....that way you don't go in thinking this is totally full proof. I trust my doctor, he's awesome in all that he does, his experience and knowledge. He told me that he's never had anyone come back and become pregnant unless they've moved away; but he's also humble and like I've said, says 'can't say it's not impossible'. So, I just have to trust that if it's meant to be, then God obviously wanted me to have another child no matter what barriers I use. I don't want anymore, but you can only do what you can within your control. :o)
    spaangel13

Answer by spaangel13 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 6, 2010