Why is it that no matter what questions are asked on Cafemom, people like to say terribly rude things.

women are so vicious to one another, why can't they support each other? Mothers love to bash on other mothers. I think it ignorant. Everyone is different and just because some women think they are supermom doesn't mean they have the right to bash on another mothers questions. I think women that do that all the time don't like themselves!

flowermom76

Asked by flowermom76 at 9:01 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree, other Moms should know that all Moms have it tough as it is. We are here for advice & support. Can you imagine how wonderful this site would be if we could all be nice to one another, at least considerate??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• You should see the political and current events section. There is a group of several women on there everyday all day posting and then bashing who ever does not agree. They are rude, and enjoy cutting people down , its sad..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 9:07 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• flowermom, I am not a "supermom" nor do I consider myself to be one. But why would you give her advice and laugh when someone says that it CAN and IS PROVEN to cause choking. Why should she take the risk? When her baby chokes and comes on and says, I listened to a mom on Cafemom and gave my infant rice cereal in their bottle and she choked and died ( I would never wish that upon one) are you going to buck up and say, yeah I did say that, but forgot to tell you to check with your doctor first. Instead of just throwing "my doctor works at one of the best hospitals, so it MUST be okay" out there.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• really sad, you know they must have NO life and are probably eating donuts all day stuck on their computers! haha thank goodness I am out in my community trying to make a difference instead of home whining about why "others" can't make a difference politically. haha I know that sounds harsh, but I can't help but "judge" the overly judgmental.
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 9:12 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I agree...the Politics and current event section is awful. They love to tell people they are wrong and dumb and they love to call the President "Obummer" and Democrats are "Dumbocrats" and that the USA is becoming socialistic and that anyone who wants Health Care are communists...etc. I stopped going there....I don't enjoy being abused. Whenever we mention anything about Formula Feeding the women there suggest that moms who formula feed are poisonong their babies and that breast feeding should be done in public, even if you are modest and want to cover up or breast feed in private that we are wrong....it just never stops. Moms can be so rude and they all think they are right and they make us average Moms feel so guilty. It is verbal abuse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• You are the exact type of woman I am referring to!! Get a Life. If another person has a different opinion then you do, you do NOT need to start a fight with them, give me a break, is it really worth your energy? Utimately when someone asks a question, and someone gives an answer to something it is not for anyone to judge!! So what if you don't agree with someone elses answer? Does it make them a bad human being? No it does not. just different. If everyone was exactly like you and thought exactly as you do, wouldn't the world be a very bor-ing place??? Freedom of Speach. Look it up.
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 9:18 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• No but if I see BAD ADVICE given, I will throw MY opinion out there. Who posted this? You or myself? I should just report it, because perhaps you are making me feel uncomfortable. When YOU give bad advice and someone corrects it, maybe thats a clue that you should do some research yourself because possibly you are making poor parenting choices.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:21 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Also, when someone asks an open question, they do NOT need to follow someone elses advice. It is of their own discretion how they take the advice. I was stating what worked for me, and you can judge me all you want, I could care less. I am so used to know it all women like you because their are so many around. What a waste for you to think that your opinion is so much better then everyone elses.
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 9:22 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Not only is it my opinion, its a proven study. Dont you have to be in your community today to make your difference.? Just please dont tell them to put rice in their babies bottle.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:23 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• A half scoop per 4 ounce bottle will NOT cause choking! lol Never give it to them with a spoon, THAT will cause choking!

If you are referring to the flack that you got for this statement, Luvsdanika is right. You DO have it @$$ backwards and should do research before posting. It is recommended that you start your baby on rice cereal with a spoon, not in a bottle
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Mar. 5, 2010