Is it okay to jog 6 weeks after a c section?

I started jogging 6 weeks after my C section. Before I got pregnant I was jogging 5 miles a day. I quit during my pregnancy and gained 70 lbs. (I know-really stupid but I was sooo sick the first 4 months and exausted the rest of the time) Anyway, I'm back! ready to get the weight off! I am up to a few miles already and it feels great so I started increasing my stride a little and running faster. Now my stomache is just a little bit sore. Do I have to quit for awhile or can I continue? I do not want to quit because I am losing weight and it feels great! UGH but if I continue what will happen?

flowermom76

Asked by flowermom76 at 9:08 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I'd take it easy, you don't want to hurt yourself, maybe just walk for a while until your stomach feels better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• If I were you, I would ask my Doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• i tried to jog and my joints and legs got so sore and they ached so i just couldnt do it. i guess it was from all the extra weight i carried around before. i would say if your body lets you go for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• If it's hurting, then you're doing too much, too soon. Slow down, take shorter jogs or do some interval run/walks. You don't have to stop completely, just slow it down and work your way back up. It took you 9 months to put on the 70 lbs, give it some time!

Answer by missanc at 10:33 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• ask the dr.but if you are heeling good they will probably say yes just jog slow dont stretch your skin to bad and if you start bleeding or the scar gets sore then stop.
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Hmmm I would listen to your body and I really think you should hold off till 8 weeks but that's me I've had 5 c sections and I didn't try anything major until I got the ok from the doc. If you're feeling soreness and pulling I would wait. It's not that much longer and you don't want to end up back in the hospital trust me. I would just eat really healthy right now and try to lose it that way. Walking is fine at this point too.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 5, 2010