What to do?? Doc or ER again?

My 4 y/o was telling me her tummy hurt and throat she was broke out in stuff so I took her to the doc on mon she has scarlet fever and strep (he said nothing about her tummy) so she was screaming the next night with it killing her like not being able to walk or breath b/c it hurt so bad so I took her to the ER at Doctors hospital they said nothing is wrong with her just give her motrin so the next day she still kept yelling take me to the hospital it hurts so i just took her to a different ER weds night(mcg) the took xrays and said she has a little pnemonia in her left lung and that her whole colen (sp?) is filled with poop and she has gas built up all behind that too they gave her an enema at the ER she never used the bathroom so they sent her home with another one I gave it to her yesterday morning Still nothing but 2 little little balls of poop...she is still hurting the question is should I take her to her doc or back 2 ER

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would put a call into her dr. and ask him what now? I suggest you ask him to put her on some Miralax. It will help make her poop softer and make her go. She is probably really constipated.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:35 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Wow, something is really wrong if after 2 enemas she hasn't pooped. My DD gets constipated a lot and her dr told me to give her a little bit of miralax when it happens (started at 18 months old). I give her a teaspoon and usually have to mix it in some juice so she'll take it. But with your LO not going potty after 2 enemas, I think I'd consult a gasterologist. What if she has some sort of blockage?
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2010