Why does Obama have to BEG Dems to Pass His Health Bill?

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama summoned more than a dozen Democrats from the House of Representatives to the White House, pleading with them to put aside their qualms and vote for his massive health care overhaul.

In back-to-back meetings Thursday, Obama urged uneasy rank-and-file moderates and progressives to focus on the positives rather than their deep disappointment with parts of the bill.

Why do the Democrats have deep disappointment in this bill?

What does that say about Obamacare in general?

What are the Democrats worried about?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/05/obama-pleads-dems-pass-health/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Come on, "for now"? You are hoping someone comes and changes it for the better. I'm hoping they do so BEFORE it passes.

Right.  Because it's always smart to spend trillions of dollars that we don't have on a program that doesn't do what it is supposed to do, only in the hopes that one day it will do what you hope it will, which it likely won't.  Go figure.  Some of these posters claim to have the intellectual high ground when statements like some of those above prove the exact opposite.  Some tend to over emotionalize the subject.  As heartless as it sounds, it does all boil down to dollars and cents because health care does not pay for itself.

Anonymous

• LOL. Because Congress is so easily distracted. They need consistent reminders they are actually there to work.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 12:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• OP, the details speak for themselves. Obama has to beg because the bill sucks. The Democrats in Congress know it sucks.

Everyone knows it sucks, including the Democrats on CM who won't even defend or support it.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• What are the Democrats worried about?

Same as republicans, VOTES . Some are in conservative leaning states

Anonymous

• Manco, I wasnt aware that you are now the spokesperson for Democrats on CM, just so you are aware , I want the bill to pass and wish it would go further, in fact a single payer system is better for me..bt that is no longer an option so I will take this, fo rnow

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Sweet, even you don't support it 100%. According to your own statement you "wish it would go further, in fact a single payer system is better for me..bt that is no longer an option so I will take this, fo rnow".

If you want to settle, fine. But just taking what you can get and hoping for better is not defending or supporting. Come on, "for now"? You are hoping someone comes and changes it for the better. I'm hoping they do so BEFORE it passes.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:43 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Sweet, even you don't support it 100%. According to your own statement you "wish it would go further, in fact a single payer system is better for me..bt that is no longer an option so I will take this, fo rnow". If you want to settle, fine. But just taking what you can get and hoping for better is not defending or supporting. Come on, "for now"? You are hoping someone comes and changes it for the better. I'm hoping they do so BEFORE it passes.

There are many bills that pass that dont "go all the way" usually because of negotians. but to throw it away is just stupid IMO...It wont get changed to what I want it to be before it passes....Just like SS when it passed wasnt what they WANTED it to be...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Sweet, are you sure you want to compare this health care bill with SS? SS is still a problem. Top heavy, difficult to deal with, filled with fraud, going broke, and in case you haven't noticed, SS is also cutting benefits. What benefits you used to receive at 65, you now have to wait until 67 or later.....
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2010