bubble wrap or stroller bag

i am taking a trip and am worried about my stroller and car seat can i just bubble wrap them and stick them in clear bags or do i have to buy an expensive stroller/car seat bag

sashasmom159

Asked by sashasmom159 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Travel

• mine weren't even in bags last plane trip! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• The two times I've flown with my daughter I've borrowed a car seat from someone we trust on the other side. My husband's aunt and uncle had to buy a new car seat once when it was damaged on a plane. They ended up buying a huge suitcase for the car seat. So I'm paranoid about the car seat getting damaged and do what I can to avoid it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• As recommended by the FAA, we always used the carseat on the plane; a lap baby can become a projectile during extreme tubulence. As for the stoller, my daughter hated being in a stroller; we used a baby backpack.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Hhhmmmm, I never thought about either. We have flown about 30 times in my little ones lives and I have never wrapped them up. Sometimes the airline has a bag to put it in but other than that I have not had any issues with damage. I usually bring on the plane one to two car seat and sometimes gate check them depending on whether I have a child on my lap or not. If you are that paranoid about a child being a projectile just wear them in a sling or snuggli. I just can not see spending that much money on an extra seat especially if you cannot afford it. They way I look at it is if we are going down there is not extra protection from a car seat. I have been in plenty of turbulence and guarantee that I would never drop my little one. This is not something that you ever hear reports of. I love the stroller for freeing my hands every once in awhile especially when I needed to use the restroom.
    Anonymous