is it a virus???

my dd woke up last night around 1:45 and threw up..and it happened two more time between 2 and 3..well there was nothing to it...it was just clear, and hardly anything but was in good spirits after every time of spitting up (she was smiling laughing at the dog and so on)..well this morning i thought everything was good and grand but decided to go easy oon her tummy just in case. so i made a little bit of malt-o-meal for her to eat, and she ate some...but she was drinking her juice and i was putting the baby i keep in the swing and i hear this disgusting hic-up sound and out comes so juice and malt-o-meal..but she's running around and in good spirits, and playing..with any other virus she's had she's been pretty much bed-ridden and just wants to be held. any suggestions on to what this could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• sounds like the deaded spring rotavirus!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• op here---and how do you treat that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• you can "treat" it. It has to go away on it's own. Just keep the fluids in here, and give her clear liquids only for the day. Or start her off on crackers. She should be over it soon
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:32 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I would stay away from dairy, they seem to irritate the belly most. i would stay to the BRAT(bananas, rice, apples, toast) diet, even rice and pasta untill it has been a while since the last throwup episode. Water and light colored gatorade(if it is darker color it can stain if thrown back up)
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 10:56 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• my dd had something like that last week. now fever or anything except for throwing up. it lasted not even a full day! Keep her hydrated and on BRAT diet. I know, it sucks...My daughter threw-up in my bed :( at 4 am....
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2010