if your baby measured slightly ahead on 2nd trimester ultrasound, was s/he born before/after/on due date?

i know it really doesn't say much, but i would like to hear others' experiences. i'm 24 weeks but baby's measurements were 25-26 weeks. my feeling is that these measurements are somewhat inaccurate anyway, and that my baby might just be slightly bigger than average but still normal sized.

my u/s report says that the measurements are consistent with a due date 8 days before mine. i feel like that just means that the average baby with that due date would be the size of my baby.

but i was wondering, like i said, if your baby was measuring a week or 2 ahead, if s/he was born before/after due date :)

i would really like my baby to be born around 40-41 weeks. lol. i know it's not my decision! baby will come when he's ready. AND i know i might be singing a different tune around 38-42 weeks. lol. :D

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• All of my babies measured around a week ahead - I just have big babies. My 1st was born 3 days after due date, my 2nd was born 1 day past due date, my 3rd was induced at 38 weeks (due to size concerns), and my 4th was a csection at 39 weeks (size concerns as well).

Answer by missanc at 10:31 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• My second baby measured ahead and was born on her due date (first was a scheduled C-section, but I think he would've been born right around his due date, too, if given the chance). Though she was a bit inconsistent... When they started doing fundal height measurements, she measured a couple of weeks small until the last 6 weeks or so, when she began measuring a week or two big. Regardless, she was still born on her due date. So measurements meant nothing as far as that goes.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:33 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I had an ultrasound at 24 weeks. It showed that my little one was measuring ahead and they wanted to change my due date (I didn't let them). My original due date was Jan. 28th, the one that the ultrasound predicted was Jan. 19th. He was born Feb. 1st.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 1:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• My ultrasound was at 22 weeks and they didn't tell me what she was measuring as far as weeks go. They said her growth was "good enough" which made me think she was on the small side for how far along I was. She was 11 days early and a normal weight at 7 lbs, 3 oz.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 5, 2010