Safety First Child Safety Harness?

Does anyone like this or another harness and leash system? My toddler grandson can now run faster than I can. He loves to mess with buckles so there can't be any buckles on the front like on the cute animal backback ones.

You may or may not like leashes. I'm disabled and disabled people have to do things differently with their kids and grandchilren. That's life. I would love to be able to run.

Gailll

Asked by Gailll at 10:44 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I used that harness when my oldest was little. He had just learned to walk and I was grossly pregnant with our second child. I could not run to catch him if he let go of my hand. At that time, the Safety First harness had velcro on the back, not the front. I never had any problems with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• i like the one we have, the pink poodle...;p..although anymore we really dont use it. she's started listening to us when we say hold hands, and if she doesn't she knows she goes in the stroller...if we're at the mall, we rent a cart there (our mall has race car buggiesfor kids) since she loves them. i'm for the child harnesses, i don't see how a parent cannot be after experiencing a child running all around when your trying to get stuff done (grocery shopping, shopping in general). what about turning the the harness around? to where he can play with the "backpack" area...i'm not sure, but the what about the actual backpacks with the safety "leash" on it?..idk if it buckles in the front or not. good luck..
    Anonymous

• Use it if you have to. The child's safety comes first, and who cares what others think? There are covers for car seat buckles, maybe those would work on the backpack variety? I can't hear and my son hates holding hands, he hates sitting in strollers... I put his winter hat on, the one with the tinsels, and hold the tinsels while we walk sometimes. Strange sight, I am sure. Or I hold onto him by his sweatshirt hoods. I put those harness backpacks on him if we're going someplace crowded like the mall, or doing a lot of walking by the side of a busy road. At the same time, I encourage him to hold my hands. If all else fails, it's the monkey tail I'm holding. :)
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 1:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I think discipling a child would be sufficient, if they were taught to behave correctly you wouldn't need a leash
    Anonymous

• Hey Anon 12:32, she wasn't asking for your opinion about the use of the product rather advice as to one that would suit her needs. Keep your rude opinions to yourself and think about someone's feeling before you say something rude like that. Thanks and have a GREAT weekend
    Anonymous