I have to write a letter because I DON'T believe in certain vaccinations

I have to write a letter to my son's preschool telling them why I don't give him certain vaccinations so they can send it to the state. I had to write that it was against our religious belief(and that is so not true). It makes me so mad that I have to lie because I don't believe in injecting certain poison into my children.. Any one else feel this way??

andersonboys3

Asked by andersonboys3 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Health

• Yes, I feel ya.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I agree it should be a parents choice -not a religious one but a medical one!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• absolutely.

It sickens me that in SC, my children can not participate in some private schools for this reason. EVEN if I do have the waiver signed, it is a private establishment, and they can still discriminate. Fortunately it is not YET required by law to vax. I do see that coming though... Scary. I would microchip my kid before I would poison him.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:02 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• you can get a lawyer and fight it. It's my children and my rights and my kids are healthy children.. It just makes me sooooooo mad.. ugh
    andersonboys3

Answer by andersonboys3 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I vaccinate and think everyone should HOWEVER I support a parents right not to. You shouldn't have to lie about it. I do agree with writing the letter since vaccinations are required for school unless proper paperwork is filled out, I think they should have that for their records, but yeah, you should be able to just say you don't want to do it.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 11:04 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Yes it sucks but when I looked into starting my son in montessori (they start at 2 1/2) she said that he would need to be vaccinated to start the early learners program but not the grade level. So I would have to skip the preschool part. She said this is because the law requires your child to go to school K-12 but preschool and daycare are optional so if you want your child to go, they have to be vaccinated. I am totally upset because I think he would love preschool but refuse to give hime certain shots. He is mostly caught up but a few will just either have to wait or we will ditch all together.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:07 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• i KNOW THIS SHOT HE NEEDS IS ONLY NEEDED FOR PRE SCHOOL BUT NOT KINDERGARDEN.. WTF MY DR SAID SHE WOULD WRITE ME A NOTE.. YEAH FOR MY AWESOME PED..
    andersonboys3

Answer by andersonboys3 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• some states allow vaccine exemptions for philosophical reasons as well. i have heard that the religious reason is the best though, because freedom of religion is a constitutional right.
    it is crazy that you have to lie like that though.
    if you are a christian, i truly believe that vaccines go against the bible...treat your body like a temple, imo, does not mean inject toxins into the bloodstream of a little child.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• aren't vaccines an anti-toxin?
    Anonymous

• I gave my boys some of the vacc that they def needed but sill stuff like a flu shot or chicken pox vac,or certain hep shots..
    andersonboys3

Answer by andersonboys3 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2010