How tall are you and how much do you weigh? And..

I'm 21 years old and 5'6" and medium build I currently weigh about 140. I asked my doctor how much I should weigh and he said since I weighed about 120s when I was 16-17 that I should weigh 130 right now. I need to lose 10 pounds!
Also....how do you STOP TEMPTATION?!?! It's so hard especially when I'm bout to start my period. GRR. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am 5 foot 3. I'm currently pregnant, so we can't count my current weight. But before I got pregnant I looked up a chart on the internet that said for my height the acceptable weight range was 126-140. When I was 140 I felt that I looked chubby and could stand to lose some weight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• You probably look fine at 140. Have you looked online to see what your weight range is? I would make sure you are just eating healthy and getting exercise for your heart and stuff but not worry so much about weight.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I am 4 foot 2 and 110lbs
    dwarfmomma

Answer by dwarfmomma at 11:08 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• OP here- I just REALLY want to tone up. I dont like how I can bend over and grab all my fat. LOL It's like I can just cut it off. I'd be super thin if I was toned. I don't want to look gross...I just wanna be toned up :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I'm 36, 5'2", 21 weeks pregnant and have a 15 month old - don't want to step on a scale! But between having my 15 month old and getting pregnant I was at 124 (usual prepregnancy weight is 120, just didn't get down that far between babies!)
    Your weight shouldn't be based on what you used to weigh, it should be based on your bmi, which you should be able to google - there are tons of bmi calculators online. When I feel the need to drop a few pounds, I just don't keep junk in the house - at all. It's hard because I have 3 older kids too who want the stuff, but I buy stuff for them that I know I don't eat (moon pies, bbq potato chips, etc)

Answer by missanc at 12:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I'm 40, 5'4", 125lb. At 25 I weighed 285lb. How do you stop temptation? By realizing that the calorie-loaded tasty treat you're about to shove into your face is not helping anything whatsoever. It's not making you healthier. It's not really making you happy. All it's doing is holding you back from your goals. Is that Little Debbie stronger than you are? Does it make the decisions? Hell to the no, so put it down and let it grow mold because that's all it's really good for.
    Anonymous

• I just turned 40 and I'm 5'7", 123lbs. I did weigh in at 208lbs when I had my ds at 39 weeks, who was only 7lbs 2oz, and I was 30 yrs old.. I'm STILL trying to justify gaining 78lbs for a 7lb kid... lol
    Temptation...mind over matter. I like drinking a cold glass of fat free milk when I get the munchies. It fills me up and Im good to go.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 1:19 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• 5'6-ish and last time i checked 129lbs
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• 5'2. 187lbs...No qualms here about my weight. I live a farily active lifestyle.,..I tend to eat rich foods and lots of it so I tend to keep my weight the same. I'm made to be a bigger person. I walk 9 miles a week. I stay active throught out the day. Just obviously not active enought to lose any weight. But I do maintain my weight. Which I'm happy with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Mar. 6, 2010