In your opinion...

Is your religion the only true religion and only way to salvation? Or are the different religions all just on different paths to the same end? What's your justification for your opinion on this topic?

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 11:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Different paths to the same end.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I believe that a belief in a compassionate God or Higher Being that teaches self respect and respect to nearly every person and to nearly every situation in life, no matter which God no matter which Higher Being are real religions and ways to salvation.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:11 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• IMO....I believe everyone has thier own path to "god". I believe that all religions lead to the same entity. Whether they call that entity God, Allah, Jehovah, Goddess, Buddha, Etc. I think there are different religions because everyone grows up in different cultures around different experiences and each religion may be more easily understood by one than another, therefore, the entity created the different ones so that all people can find there way to him in a way that is easier understood by them. I don't believe any way is the only way. They are all just different ways to the same end.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:15 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I believe that anyone that believes that Jesus came to save them and lets him into their heart will be saved. There is only the Christian religion that believes this so I guess that I believe that only Christians will be taken to heaven which is where everyone wants to go!
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 11:15 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I believe that good begets good. If you are a descent human being, you will reap the benefits. I do not feel in any way, that belief in a god/goddess/deity helps to transform us into compassionate people. We either are, or are not, based on our personal life experiences.

The end of the path is the same for everyone, good, bad, or indifferent. It is simply the end. The only thing that is of any account, is whether or not the impact you made within your short years was - or +... That is all.

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:15 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• tichelle - So does that mean those who live deep in the jungle are doomed to an afterlife of misery because they never heard of Jesus?
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:18 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• well christianity is the only way.. without jesus you don't get into heaven, plain and simple. the only way to the kingdom of heaven is through christ jesus.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• My justification is that human were made, created with brains to think and choose from not programmed by a God or a Higher Being, Nature, the Wiccan Religion ... to think and live all in entirety one specific way.

Human were created with brains to 'grow' humanity.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:20 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Wow, I guess all of the Buddhists, and Hindus, and everyone else is doomed to Hell unless we can convert the world to Christianity...how Christian like of you. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:22 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I don't believe in salvation. To me, all religions are ways for people to cope with their hardships.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Mar. 5, 2010