Near Death Experiences

So what's your take on those who experience near death experiences and state that there is no heaven or hell (i.e. no 2 different afterlifes) and that there is just one place?

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 11:10 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I take all near-death experiences to be hallucinations of the brain while it is entering shut-down mode.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• i dont think people really see heaven or hell when they have "near death experiences". I think that it is peoples' imaginations... and I am a Christian. i believe those things exist... but i dont think you see either one until you are DEAD. not near dead.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• missbreezy214 - you do realize that these people have been clinically dead.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• When my father died 25 years ago unexpectedly, I got myself a bunch of books on the subject, I was devasted, my father and I were very close. I kept thinking is this it? or is there more? I refuse to beleive that this wonderful human being my father was just ceased to exist altogether, where did his soul go? All the books I read all had more or less the same stories, with little variation. I prefer to beleive that is something more than this world we know know.

Answer by older at 1:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• MissBreezy ... did you skip the book of Revelation? John SAW Heaven. He wasnt dead.

I truly believe people do see Heaven and Hell either in dreams, visions and NDE .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• oh and Paul did too.... He went to third heaven.... either in the body or out he did see and experience it.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Having had my own NDE, I don't believe them to be a mind-mixup or that I was confused or high or that it was just my imagination. It was very real, almost more real than what we consider "life". I saw the Light. I felt my spirit separating from my body. I felt safe, secure, Loved, and totally ready to move onto to my next life. When I heard the voice that telling me it was not my time, I was saddened and immediately "thrown" back into this weight of a body. The Light vanished and the "real world" came back into focus. Yes, it's real and I absolutely "KNOW" (without stepping on toes) that we continue on after our physical body dies.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 5:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I think it's very possible. But i have a feeling that what a person believes in, has an effect on what they see even after they are dead.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Ever heard of lucid dreams? Dreams that are so real you can control what you do in them, and they are hard to tell apart from reality? Same thing. It's your brain.
    Anonymous

• Having been one of those people I am assuming that it doesn't matter what I say. My experience convinced me--and I don't consider it my "job" to convince others.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2010