What's your grocery budget?

Do you buy only conventional foods, part organic, or mostly all organic?

Our budget was 380$ every two weeks when we lived in Maryland, and it's been changed to 315$ every two weeks now that we live in Georgia. We buy about half regular and half organic, although I was hoping to switch to more organic/local stuff.

AmandaI1021

Asked by AmandaI1021 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• With my husband back from deployment im lucky if i can get it under 300 every 2 weeks lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:14 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I try to buy as much organic as I can which is about 80% but it is sooo expensive that I sometimes just can't buy it so I skimp on things that me and my husband would eat so our son gets the organic. its about $350 every 2 weeks I guess.. I just joined a coupon sight so hopefully that will help but there just isnt many coupns for organic and non toxic things.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• There are three adults and one 2yr old in my house and we spend about $100 a week on groceries, give or take a little here and there depending on whats for dinner. We spend more around Holidays and so forth. But on average its about $100 every week.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Wow...for my son and I, I get $89.00 in FS. I sometimes have to go over that. $100.00 a month.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:19 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• $300 (or less) for a fam of 5. We are vegetarians.Live in Coastal, SC

To give you an idea of how I cook, chcek this out---> Green Without Much Means

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:24 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• ABout $170.00 per week here. We don't do the organic stuff...I don't think there is much of a difference on quality...mostly the difference is in the cost. We buy healthy however, and once in awhile spluge on something "not so healthy" but loaded with calories,sauce and cheese,LOL. Anyway..thats about our average food bill.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• For 4 adults, 3 tweens, 3 dogs and 3 cats, our budget is $60 a week. I try to avoid processed foods as much as possible, preferring to cook and bake from scratch including all breads, buns, etc. We also grow a huge garden every year and preserve what we harvest and raise chickens for our freezer. We don't eat much beef or pork, using ground turkey in place of ground beef in recipes.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Way to go Michigan mom!
    We were in a teenie apartment in Maryland and we bought a house here in GA so I am planning to plant a garden in the backyard. It can't be very big bc we have a small yard and need some room for the kids to play but I am definitely planning to plant the things that we use the most. Strawberries, carrots, cucumbers, etc... Also the things that are more important to me to be organic (the ones that get the most pesticides usually). I'm really excited about it! I would love to get our budget for groceries down as much as possible. I am 32 weeks preg and I am planning to make my own baby food when the time comes.
    I keep seeing women on here talk about canning so I might look into that as well.
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• There are three of us, plus the occasional extra teens. We spend about $80 a week; we eat mostly organics.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• you know me, I dont like to go food shopping but its usually around 70 every 2 weeks, only bc I get food for me and hubby. Madison usually eats what we eat and Alyssa eats only chicken and I only shop at the commonssiry....
    YoungUrban

Answer by YoungUrban at 7:55 AM on Mar. 6, 2010