at what age is best to start toddle bed

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter will be 2 in June and we just moved her out of the crib and into a twin bed. We skipped the toddler bed because that is what worked best for us. She is doing great in her twin bed, she doesn't wake up throughout the night nearly as often. But that is just our family if you don't think your child is ready for a twin bed then they probably aren't. You should do what you and your ped. think is best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• We also skipped the toddler bed (our crib wasn't a convertible and I couldn't see investing in one) and our daughter moved at 2.5 to a twin with guard rail. We only moved her then because we were moving houses, and she had an 11 month-old sister at the time who was patiently sleeping in her pack n' play until big sis was done with the crib; it seemed like a good time for the transition. Personally, I'd say if you don't have a reason to move (like a child who can climb out of the crib), waiting is never a bad idea. My daughter at 2.5 treated the big bed just like a crib. She still waited for us to come and get her out of bed; we actually had to TEACH her to get out on her own to come to the bathroom in the night.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:38 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• 13 months. we co-slept until then and then she got her big girl bed :)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:38 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I moved dd at 14 mos into a toddler bed. She was getting tangled in the bars so bad her limbs would be purple from lack of blood!! She is 2 now and still loves her bed. I always shut the door at night and just listen for a hurt or scared cry, but normally she sings herself to sleep. She took the child safety locks off the door about 2 mos ago and still stays in there waiting for me to get her in the morning. DD's never spent a night on the floor and she fell out once but sleepily climbed back in the first day.

They say when they start climbing out but I think it's more when you feel it's time and climbing out is the longest you can hold out!
    Anonymous