Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who precribes you Fertility meds?

just wondering. if its a OB/Gyn or a Fertility Specialists..

Answer Question

Asked by bmdred at 11:41 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

Level 7 (169 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • you can talk to your ob that is where my friend got hers.

    Answer by lovemybaby283 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

  • My OB did.

    Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

  • My OB/GYN would prescribe the lower level drugs like Clomid, but when that didn't work I had to see a fertility specialist to get the stronger stuff. The higher level drugs are very dangerous to take without close monitoring, and most OB/GYN's do not do that.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

  • I first started on Clomid with my regular OB/GYN, when that didn't work I was referred to a fertility specialist who administered the stronger shots.

    Answer by momtotrips at 1:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

  • ok thank you, i just wanted to clear that up. i guess the next apt i make i will ask her about it.

    Answer by bmdred at 6:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.