Do you have a good relationship with your MIL & SIL?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I have a good relationship with my MIL -- she lives in another town and doesnt drive lol....

I suppose I have ti alot better than others, because we are nice to each other, and I do care for her and I know she cares for me.... but my husband is her baby and can do no wrong lol....

my SIL on the other hand is older than my parents and is a druggie who has born 6 other druggies who call asking for money..... we only see them at christmas --if that
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:50 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• nope! I keep the peace for my DF. the saying "You can love someone doesnt mean you have to like them" kinda applies but like this "you can tolerate someone, that doesnt mean you like them"
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:50 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I would if they weren't bitches...lol!! I but my husband warned me about them when we were dating.. lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I have a good relationship with my mil- we get along and have a few common interests. I really love 2 of my sil- they are awesome!! There is 1 sil that I just cannot stand (not many of the family get along or like her very much). Thankfully we don't see her very often. I do try to be polite but distant when I have to deal with her.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I was friends with my SIL and MIL before I even met my DH. Yes, we still have good relationships.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I do. I had a relationship with my MIL and SIL before I even started dating my DH. It was from doing things with them that I ended up falling in love with my hubby :)
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 11:58 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I try to be respectful to my soon to be MIL but honestly, if you don't give me respect, I won't give it back. Thank goodness she only had boys and I don't have a soon to be SIL. My fiance is her baby, he does no wrong (ohhh she is so mistaken=]) so everything that happens is my fault. Whatever.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Well DH is an only child but I have a great relationship with his mother. We talk to her almost everynight (maybe every other night) for an hour on average and even when hubby is out to sea then I will call her or she will call me just to talk about things. She is always buying DD clothes and sending stuff. Even though DH is her only child she doesn't baby him or smother him.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 12:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Yes. We hardly talk. It makes it easier for everyone involved.
    Anonymous

• I have a great relationship with my MIL - she lives about 10 minutes away and brings over supper some nights, she's a great seamstress and sews clothes for my kids, she's always willing to babysit! She calls when i'm not feeling well (I'm 21 weeks pregnant) to see if there's anything she can do (grocery shop, laundry, etc). She's great! My SIL's live out of town so I'm not really as close to them, but we get along well when we do see them.

Answer by missanc at 12:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2010