My Toddler chipped her tooth!

My 2yr old chipped her tooth a couple of days ago and I am so concerned that it got chipped because it was weak. I am so paranoid that she may have tooth decay and have to get caps or worse. Her first dentist appt is next thursday. I depended on her pediatrician to let me know when i should take her for the first time. Since she has chipped her tooth I have researched toddler and dentist and they say she should have gone a 1 year old. (i feel horrible) She drinks alot of Motts for tots apple juice and that may be the problem I feel like a horrible mother for giving her the juice so much and feel i may have failed her. Has any one had a similar experience to give me some words of encouragement.

LaLaMommy08

Asked by LaLaMommy08 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Health

• take her to the dentist this thurs and they fix it. Anytime there is a chip or crack take them in right away b/c almost always the tooth with rott and decay. The whole juice thing doesnt make you a bad mother. Not giving her liquids would. Instead of all the time , if you are, try replacing during the day juices with water and if she is truly thirsty she will drink it. For meals you can give her juice, milk or whatever else but try water thoughout the day when she isnt snacking or eating :) GL Everything will be okay.
    Anonymous

• Remember too, she will lose her baby teeth in another 3-5 years. If it's too bad, dentist may either cap it or pull it.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2010