How far along were you when you told the world you were pregnant with your first child?

chrissyclavin27

Asked by chrissyclavin27 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• This made me laugh. My dh said, let's not tell anybody right away, then came home from work and told me he told everyone he worked with. King of restraint!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I'm 5 1/2 weeks and we told our families right away, I told my husband I want to wait until our first ultrasound on the 23rd to hear the heart beat to tell everyone else, he of course did not listen and has told his entire company he works for and so many of our friends. I'm stressing over it now and think I should just tell everyone! I'm so nervous about miscarriage however and really think I should wait, but the stress is too much! Any advise?
    chrissyclavin27

Answer by chrissyclavin27 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I think i told about a week after I found out....so around 5-51/2 weeks along.
    Anonymous

• It is such a hard decision to make, my husband wants to post it on facebook and bugs me constantly!
    chrissyclavin27

Answer by chrissyclavin27 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I was around 7 weeks when we told our parents who we told could go on and pass it around the family.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• we spread the word when I was about 9wks, after our first confirmation u/s.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I was 7 weeks.... once we found out I was pregnant and got over the shock we just couldn't keep it a secret anymore lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• i didnt tell my husband i was pregnant till i was 2 months and we didnt tell anyone else till i was 6 months. i didnt start showing till i was 7 months so i was kinda lucky i didnt show lol
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• With my first pregnancy, we told everyone as soon as we out. I was about 4 weeks then. I miscarried a week later. My second pregnancy I waited until I was 8 weeks and had been to see my ob.
    EMMYBEARSMOMMY

Answer by EMMYBEARSMOMMY at 1:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• i was 10 weeks when i told my mom
    ARRI23

Answer by ARRI23 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2010