Is your hair like this?

Usually when I wear it up in a ponytail/bun somehow the sides look really thin or I can see like an opening where you can see part of the scalp showing it looks so gross but from a distance it looks like a big streak of blonde (my hair is dark brown) I know it is due to hair loss but damn it sucks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• ways to hide and add volume:

before putting your hair into a bun or pony tail note your problem areas.. take a brush and back brush (brush in the opposite direction of (the norm) toward the scalp). this will push the hair together creating a look of volume and minimizing any gaps.

extentions can also be great for thinning hair.

perms can add volume.

taking away length can add volume (but won't help if putting in ponytail or bun).

best thing to do, is back brush the problem areas. It will create a fuller look and cover up any problem areas.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Put hair extensions.It is easy and looks fuller on the sides
    Anonymous

• YES my hair does this, too! it drives me crazy!!!!!! it does it on both sides, and i know it's because its thinning. when it's freshly washed, it's not as noticable, but if i go a day without washing it, i can barely keep it all covering my scalp. it started doing that before i got pregnant, so i know the two are unrelated. a hairdresser told me that it might be a combo of my pillowcases and the scrunchies i use, because cotton rips the hair out, but i have been using cotton my whole life and i never had a problem before. i think it might be stress, because i've been battling depression for a while now. i used to have very long hair, but then we got it layered, so i don't know what it could be! arg!!!
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 12:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• not in those areas, but yes... Feel like Eddie Munster...
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 1:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2010