help military moms/members

my ex has asked me to forgive child support for this month last month and next month because he wont be recieving pay during basic training. is this true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• OK..I found this I will copy and past lol

Read the Gray area
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/armyjoin/l/aaarmybasic2.htm
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Bullshit. You get paid for that.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• false!
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 12:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Very much false. You get paid on the first and the 15th of every month while in basic.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 12:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Its ture. When my husband went to Basic training he didnt get paid for a month..YOU have to be in for a month to get paid..I even called the places and asked"WHY am I not gettting my momey!" SO when he gets out expect a big fat check..he cant spend the money while in basic..So he will have it..
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:43 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• No. My husband left for basic on May 11th. We got his first paycheck June 1st. After a couple of weeks in basic they allow the guys to buy stuff. WIth their OWN money. When he gets paid it goes to his checking's account. He does get paid. He can even set it up to where when he does get paid whatever his child support is comes out of his check into your banking account.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Ryanlynn he could immediately set up an allotment to get paid to her to automatically every month. They do that at the very beginning of basic training when they are first setting up where their money is going to be going, and part of that could be automatic allotments to other accounts.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 12:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• When I was married to my ex, he was a Sr Drill Sgt for a couple of years at Ft Jax.. New recruits DO get paid.. He is feeding you a line..
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 1:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2010