What activities do you do with your kids to keep them active?

I'm looking for ideas that I can use to get me and my 8- year old son active...any ideas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've done martial arts all my life just about, I now teach classes and my son takes my class.
    Anonymous

• My girl takes karate. The kids go outside to play whenever the weather is nice. That seems to work for us.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• We go on family bike rides - we all have bikes and we live 2 miles from a city greenway, the kids are finally old enough to ride up there on their own and go for a little while (except my youngest who sits in a trailer behind my husband's bike). Also, my 8 and 10 year old are on a basketball team, so we'll go outside quite a bit and play HORSE to practice their shooting. And we have a large trampoline in the backyard, which is always fun!

Answer by missanc at 12:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I've always enrolled my son in different sports.He's been in football,soccer,martial arts,basketball and this summer he is signed up for kid pitch baseball.He loves it and I enjoy going to his games and rooting him on and practicing at home. My 1 year old..well her main excersise is running around the house like a little maniac tornado and I chase her around, LOL.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2010