Why does everyone say i am to young?

I'm 16 and my boyfriend is 19. We want to move in together when he gets home and i would be 17 and my son would be a year and a half by then. Everyone keeps saying that we are moving to fast. We don't plan on getting married in till I'm out of school. So whats wrong with this.

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• im 16 and my boyfriend is 19 to!!! we had our baby in august of 07 and i want to be in our own place as a family soooooo bad!!! i know that we may be to young. but hey,,, ppl said we were to young to be parents and i think we are damn good parents... we do plan to get an apartment by maybe the end of the summer.

i just want you to know that your not alone!!! lol. good luck.... dont let ppl hold you back. just make sure you are financialy ready and make sure that you have a back up plan if things dont work out!

Answer by kflynn1022 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• First of all, congrats on staying in school despite having a child!!! *claps*

I'm assuming that your child is his, correct? If so, then if you have a child together then I wouldn't say that moving in with each other would be moving too already had a child! Personally I see nothing wrong with it as long as you both can handle it.

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• i know you might really be wanting your own place and all, but at 16 and still in school, with a little one. that is a difficult situation. i'd say stay where you are- don't rush into bills and added stress. cause they SUCK!! lol!

Answer by dannersmell at 7:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• i'm the poster and no my son isn't my boyfriends. But he loves my son like he is his. But he said when and if we get married he is going to adopt my son.

• Hmmm okay, well how long have you and this boyfriend been together? If he's not the father of your child, then I do in fact think that moving in with him may be moving too fast even though you love each other and he loves your son. He hasn't been through college, and you are still in highschool, so neither of you are going to be able to get a job that is going to pay enough right now to raise a child and still pay all of the bills. Could you make it? Yes, it's a possibility. But it's doubtful that at your ages that you could keep up a household on what low income you'd be able to bring in. As a mother you have to always do what's best for your child, and living with a man you haven't been with for very long (considering the age of your son and him not being the father you couldn't have been with this guy over a year or much over it) and barely even living paycheck to paycheck, in my opinion, is best for no child.

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My boyfriend is in college right now and i have known him for 4 years and we have been dating for 3-4 months.

•'re probably not going to like this answer, but speaking as a teen mom myself who was pregnant at 15 married at 17 and divorced by 22...and knowing the experiences of many of my friends....your relationship will probably not move in if you want, but have a back up plan for when things fall through

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I was almost 17 and my boyfriend had just turned 23 when we moved out together. My daughter just came home from the hospital, I was still in school... nobody thought we were moving too fast but here we are 13 months later and are doing fine! I hope that you do well outside of your home as well.

Answer by HeatherM0529 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I don't think it is a matter of being to young but maybe they feel you are not ready. I was 25 when I had my first and moved in with the father...we got married...anfd 9 years later I am regretting every minute of it. 3 or 4 months ids not long enough to get to truly know someone. Make sure that he is truly the guy you want to be with the rest of your life. From experience!!!

• I am one to really support love- but at your age, things are really really hard. Heck, they are REALLY hard for all of us. Bills, Rent, all that is extremely stressful and honestly at your age- more than likely you will end up having to either move in with his parents or yours after a very short time of being on your own. I would have to agree that it IS moving a bit fast. You are so so young yet. I know at that age it feels like love really is all you need. I made the mistake of marrying when I was 17- and we divorced a short time later. I learned a lot of hard lessons from that and I can tell you that if I had it to do all over, I never would of married him knowing realistically how the world really is out there.