i am so mad at my manager/is this right?

i have no set schedule so if i ask for a day off for a doctor appt for myself or my child then i expect to get it. I give a notice well in advance. Its not my fault that my manager does not do her job and make an appropriate schedule. I know she is not required to give me that day off but why would she not if i give a months notice and if i remind her 2 or 3 times in that time. Then she schedules me anyways and i tell her and everyone i can't make it in and she still has the nerve to call me and ask if i am coming in today. What the hell is her problem? Its not my fault that she is not doing her job right. What should i do about this situation? She is always doing this. I even asked for 3 days next week off like 2 months ago and i've reminded her repeatedly and i'm afraid now that because of today that she won't give it to me out of spite. She did tell me face to face that i could have those days next week off but sh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• I can work any day of the wk and any hours.

Now that the problem.  You should request a 1 day no work day so you can set doctor's appointment that particular day. 

Anonymous

• she will probably go and fu*k my schedule up anyways...i'm so mad!
    Anonymous

• does she have a boss?
    Anonymous

• yes, but she always gets away with shit like this. Mostly because she is old and black. They are afraid to say anything to her
    Anonymous

• It's not right for you to just not show up for your shifts... you can be fired for that, even though you request the time off. You should request it IN WRITING and then if you don't get it, try to switch shifts with someone else. If you can't switch shifts then you should inform her ahead of time that you can't make it, call in that day at least 2 hours in advance and remind her that you can't make it and THEN your ass is covered. Otherwise you can be fired, and that would suck even harder :(
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• i told her 2 times IN WRITING and i told her to her face that she still had me scheduled and she said she would take care of it. I even went to the big manager and told her it still wasnt taken care of and she said to leave her another not so i did. That was 2 days ago and i know that she got it. She called me at the time i was scheduled for but i was at the dr. office (like i told her i would be) and i have an excuse.
    Anonymous

• How do you have now set schedule? And you can't expect to get time off whenever you want it. Life doesn't work that way. You should make appointments around your work, not work around your appointments.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• i have no set schedule because i have an open availability. I can work any day of the wk and any hours. Others have certain days that they need off. So when i ask for a "certain day" because i have something important to do, i expect it. I don't ask very often.
    Anonymous

• when i was hired they asked if i could do this and i said yes. I havent had a problem with it except for this when it come to scheduling appts. I felt like i shouldnt ask for certain days off since they asked if i could have an open availability but should i request certain days off now?
    Anonymous