What is a good excerise to do while I'm expecting?

I would like to do some kind of excerise that will help me stretch and stay fit and maybe give me a little energy because I have none right now and I'm only 5 weeks along.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Good Question! I have been wondering the same thing myself! Hope you get some good answers on here! :)
    Anonymous

• There are some great prenatal yoga videos/classes - they probably have classes at your local birthing center. Also, walking and swimming are two of the best exercises for while you're pregnant, especially if you haven't been exercising up to this point. But at 5 weeks - having no energy is pretty normal and it may take a few weeks to get back to your regular energy level.

Answer by missanc at 1:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Oh, SWIMMING!

I know a lot of women don't want to get out with a big ol' belly and swim, but if you have an indoor pool at a rec center or YMCA somewhere relatively close, it works great! It's a negative impact on your joints, and you can build muscle and cardio stamina in the process!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Prenatal yoga, swimming and walking are great for when you're pregnant. Keep what you do low-impact because you've got extra strain on your joints.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 1:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2010