anyone heard reviews on alice in wonderland yet?

we are a little conserviative when it comes to letting our kids watch movies and was wondering what kids of reviews it got (we have 5 and 13 yr old girls)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I haven't seen it, but from what I've heard, it's pretty dark, and probably not appropriate for little kids (I believe there are instances of eyes getting gouged out three separate times)... So personally, I'd say it would be okay for the 13 year old, but probably not the best choice for a 5 year old.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I am going to see it tonight...what do you want to know? I will post on it Monday if you want.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• yes reviews like violence, sex a lot of swearing - the usual
    Anonymous

• Is this version based on Lewis Carroll's book or based on the Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor? If by Frank Beddor, there is a lot of violence in it. You can go to the website for The Looking Glass Wars and see the games and clips to get an idea. It's not a cutesy little fairy tale story for kids like the old Alice in Wonderland was
    Anonymous

• It got three stars (Chicago Sun) Has a PG rating for fantasy action/violence ivolving scary images and situations; and a smoking caterpillar. San Antonio's Express News (which has a featurecalled Can I Take the Kids??) says" Not a literal "Alice" so don't do your bok report based on it. But this "Shrek"-like 3D spin on the tale is suitable for all ages." No sexual situations or language, but the smoking caterpillar gives it a notation under the drugs category. So take it from there mom. When in doubt go yourself first then decide if the kids can handle it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• involving **
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I thought it was based on the Lewis Carrol book and not Disney-fied like the cartoon? Maybe I am wrong.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• I would say the 13 year old definitely. The five year old not sure. Use your judgement.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:26 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• It is a Disney film. But with Tim Burton twist. Alice is actually 19 in this movie so it's more of a continuation of as opposed to interpretation of the book.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• http://www.kidsinmind.com/

i never take my kids without looking at this site first.  it's great, it tells you on a scale of 1-10 how bad violence and sex and language is involved and it tells you in details.

Anonymous